IRELA CLE Webinar: Advanced Concepts of 1031 Exchanges
Event Main Info
Accruit's Matt Douglas will be presenting a CLE Webinar: Advanced Concepts of Internal Revenue Code Section 1031 states that "no gain or loss shall be recognized on the exchange of property held for productive use in a trade or business or for investment if such property is exchanged solely for property of like kind which is to be held for productive use in a trade or business or for investment." 1031 Exchange s through IRELA, Illinois Real Estate Lawyers Association. As a IRELA member and 1031 exchange subject matter expert, Matt looks forward to discussing the following topics:
- Partnership or corporate restructuring in close proximity to an exchange (i.e., "drop and swaps")
- The impact of seller-financing in an exchange
- Refinancing relinquished or replacement property before or after an exchange
- Discussion of "parking" transactions like reverse and improvement exchanges
- Common issues that can add to the complexity of a particular exchange will also be discussed
Accruit's Marty Edwards, a long-time member of IRELA will be joining the discussion.
Register for the CLE Webinar today!